Field Devices Installation
Field Devices Installation / Inspection and Testing Services
We have vast experience with all types of Industrial and Systems Testing, Integrity Checks, Calibration and Compliancy Checks, including scheduled periodic inspection and testing. Our highly trained engineers and technicians are available to assist you in achieving compliance with your legal obligations. Failure to implement a program of regular integrity assurance inspection and testing can lead to serious consequences, including plant shutdown, major faults, production and revenue loss, as well as affecting your insurance policies and corporate reputation. Having equipment tested and inspected regularly can prevent accidents, fires and explosions, reduce downtime, minimize operating costs, increase life-cycle of equipment and assets, and increase product quality and productivity.
rapidSERVE offers a very comprehensive, consistent and disciplined system equipment inspection and testing program in the Oil & Gas and Manufacturing industry. Our testing engineers and inspectors will evaluate your plant systems and equipment and provide you with a comprehensive analysis and recommendations to improve the health, safety and performance of your facility. Our engineering assessment evaluation utilizes proprietary checklists that screen each piece of equipment and plant item against the following five distinct criteria:
1. Code Compliance – Our firm’s efforts will include a review of relevant codes relating to the equipment examined including ASME, NFPA, OSHA, ANSI, NEC, and any applicable national standards.
2. Operational Issues – Human error is the #1 killer when it comes to industrial equipment accidents. Assessments include training programs and work practices related to alarms, and plant and equipment operational procedures.
3. Maintenance Issues – The auditor will complete visual examinations of existing controls and operating philosophy, including preventive and corrective maintenance plan and procedures, obsolescence planning and replacement parts, systems configurations, and other safety‐related issues.
4. Installation Issues – In some cases, equipment safety is compromised from day one when it is installed due to improper joints, substandard bolts and nuts, wrong seal and filters, improper wiring and or piping, that are contrary to good engineering practices/manufacturers recommendations.
5. Technological Advances – Many facilities have pieces of equipment that are 20 to 40 years old, which still meet original code requirements, but are severely deficient with today's safety standards. Auditors will screen for technological advances like automatic valve proving systems, new burner management system controls, and ventless components. These kinds of items can dramatically reduce explosion risks and are sometimes even more cost effective than implementing repairs to older, less safe equipment.
rapidSERVE provides detailed reports of testing and inspection results based on national standards, codes, and industry best practices and principles. These results are prioritized and clearly presented to clients to portray issues. The reports include:
- Corporate Standards
- Safety/Risk Ranking of All Findings
- Auditor Support Notes
- Code Justification/ Recommendations
- Budgetary Compliance Costs
- Digital Photos of Issues
Our proven track record and process gives clients consistent testing and reporting across equipment types for both domestic and industrial plants, at onshore and offshore locations. If you have deficiencies or code issues that need to be corrected, we have full complement of professional technical services to support you.